Image Map

Thursday, 4 May 2017

Things I Am Thankful For - April 2017

Dearest sweethearts,

If you've been reading my blog this year you must have noticed the challenge is have proposed for this year. It's hard sometimes to see the bright side of life. Even when looking at a glass of water we tend to see the empty half, nor the part filled with water. In fact, all that is relatively as the glass is never empty - the other half is filled with air! So what I proposed was that at the beginning of each month we should think of the things we are thankful for.  It might be hard at first but you'll get better as time passes. Train yourself to see the beauty in the little things in life. Start with 5 things/Moments and work up from there ;) Here's my take until now for the month of January, February and March. For April I am thankful for many things, but here are 5 picks:
1. Listening with my mum "La Boheme" by Puccini, at the National Theater in Iasi, by the Romanian Opera in Iasi. It was wonderfully done and it reminded me of how much (and why) I love the musical "Rent". It made me laugh, it made me cry and I've accidentally bumped into an old friend I have not seen in ages! It was lovely meeting her and we catch up on good old times. As you might know, Opera is very close to my heart but also to my better half, so I could not help thinking of him while watching this very well done version  of Giacomo Puccini's masterpiece.
2. Easter home, with the family - I can't still believe how time passes by. It flies away faster and faster and no matter how much you would wish it would stand still... it doesn't! I remember when I was a wee lass and I wanted to grow up - now I want the reverse. I want to be small, without a care in the world, running around the house while Granny is cooking and mum is doing the eggs... Thankfully this year I catch both Christmas and Easter at home, with the family. And this last Christmas and Easter were the Little LadyBug Baby Girl's first ones! I count them as blessings ❤
A picture of the article from Dziennik Polski, that a dear friend sent me - thank you lady 🌞
3. Recognition from the local newspaper - on the 22nd of April, for the weekend newspaper, there was an article about expat bloggers that live and write in/about Krakow. This one page article was in the Dziennik Polski and it was a lovely surprise. I had an interview a few days before and... voila! I was in the local/regional newspaper! The article is about myself and another blogger, so if you understand Polish I recommend you the online article ;) also if you wish an autograph or a picture with yours sincerly, do let me know - you'll have to take a number and stay orderly in line :p
4. Reaching Krakow safely with the little one - our first experience was a huge pain... as we ended up having 3 flights with time in between flights almost non-existent. Coming back was only 2 flights and I had Marek next to me, so I felt way less stressed. When I think in retrospect I thank God for hoe he took care of us. Emilia Elena is 9 months old now, travelled by 5 planes, experienced air conditioning and sudden weather changes yet she is perfectly blessed, perfectly healthy. True, she got tired fast due to the huge amount if people and new things, yet she is a brave little pumpkin and Mummy and Daddy are proud!
5. Being able to watch movies again with the one I love - having a small baby will male it an issue for both parents to watch a movie together, especially in one go/sitting. I am thankful for having my Granny with us, watching the small one - they are best friends! So after more than 8 months we managed to see our first movie together, and what else could we pick except a Marvel movie?! Doctor Strange was our first! And it was nice doing that, just the both of us, together. It was nice that the small one was asleep and feeling comfortable and safe next to Granny, in the next room. I love my family! I love feeling them close and knowing they are there, safe and sound.

P.S. The biggest bonus of this month was Granny coming to stay with us, unlimited time ❤ it sometimes feels like being small again, looking from the outside, when I see Granny playing with the little one. It's a glimpse of Heaven!

Yours very much sincerly,
The Twisted Red LadyBug That Wants To Be Thankful For The Little Wonders Of Life